Here’s my professional bio:
Rob is an experienced front end engineer, author and open-source contributor.
Rob currently works as a software architect, leading an international team in the financial services industry. In his career Rob has spent time at Sapient Global Markets, Isobar, The Brand Experience, Cramer and as an independent consultant. Over the course of his career Rob has solved unique problems for clients like Samsung, Motorola, IBM, Philips, Gillette, Boston’s Museum of Science, and Harvard Kennedy School.
Here’s a list of technical articles I’ve written
- Introduction to Sandboxed Natives and FuseJS IBM developerWorks
- HTML5 Boilerplate: Kick Start Your Web Development IBM developerWorks
- Introduction to Ajax IBM developerWorks
- HTML5, CSS3 and Related Technologies: A Handy Atlas to the New World of Web Standards IBM developerWorks
- Keeping Up with the World of HTML5 Amazon tech.book(store)
- Recommended HTML5 and Open Web Platform Books Amazon tech.book(store)
- The Modern State of Web Browsers Amazon tech.book(store)
- Making Marketing a Tweet Deal (With Rob Everton) Association Meetings Magazine
I regularly present on technical subjects. Here’s the full list of presentations I’ve done over the past few years.
- Wild World Web: Web Development in a World of Ever-Changing Browsers, Platforms & Compatibilities November 11, 2014
- "Data Visualization in the Browser" jQuery Conference, San Diego February 13, 2014
- "Fun with the Angular Basics" Lightning Talks & Demos Boston Angular.js Meetup September 4, 2013
- "Data Visualization in the Browser" Boston Front End Developers May 18, 2013
- "Data Visualization in the Browser" HTML5 Developer Conference Spring 2013, San Francisco, April 1st-3rd 2013
- "jQuery: Two New Features That Really Matter" Boston Front End Developers April 25, 2012
- Redefining Perspectives, New Delhi, India April 4, 2012
- "HTML5 From the Front Lines: What to Embrace Today (and What to Avoid)" HTML5 Live, New York, November 1, 2011
- Enterprise 2.0 Conference June 23, 2011
- "Boston PHP: Learn CSS" October 13, 2010 Bocoup
- "Learn CSS" Design Camp Boston November 6, 2010 Microsoft NERD
- "Front End Performance for the Common Man: Practical Strategies to Speed Up Your Site" May 19, 2010< strong>Bocoup
- "The Future is Now: Theming WordPress with HMTL5"WordCamp Boston Microsoft NERD
- Appeared on the panel MITX panel "Building Social Applications & Widgets for Top Platforms" with Matthew Adkisson, (CEO, FreeCause.com); Norris Boyd (Engineering Manager, Google); C.C. Chapman (Partner, The Advance Guard); and Ann Glenn (Senior Web Producer, Sony Pictures Imageworks Interactive.) Moderated by Chris Brogan.